I was planning on updating this blog with the recent happenings of what has been going on in life lately (primarily my near death experience due to my erroneous modification of a google map)....however,Considering it is Thanksgiving, and Jay is in the living room talking to his uncle about some obsolete computer programming language, I have taken refuge in his brother's room to elucidate the many things that I am grateful for. PLUS...it will force you all to stay tuned for how I almost died.
*Education. I am grateful that I have an education. I am also very glad that my mother was so stern on me putting myself through college. While attending college, it frustrated me that I went to school and worked fulltime, while roommates didn't have to work at all. I didn't think it was "fair" at the time. I now have a greater comprehension of why that was so important. There is a recognized worth when things aren't just handed to you on a silver platter.
*Family. Prior to moving to Utah, my family and I weren't that close. My mother and I never had that parent/child relationship that so many of my friends cherish. Now that I am not 10 minutes away from her, we both have worked on building a relationship together that is definitely making up for time lost. I never really understood the importance of family and how much one actually needs them until they aren't at a constant disposal.
*Employment. Even though there are days that I just want to say "Forget this!" and walk out of work...I am glad I have a job in this economy. I learn new things all the time, which pleases me because I disdain idle thought processes.
*Friendies. Even though I miss my friends from Michigan more than anything, I am still really grateful we have each other. With that, I am grateful for techonology so that we can all stay in touch. As impersonal as some people think blogs are, I think it's a great way to stay caught up on everyone's accomplishments and joys amidst our ever increasingly hectic lifes. Even though the ideal would be to hear about pregnancies, engagements, marriages, etc., I'm not complaining.
*The little things often taken for granted- Although often overlooked, imagine how inconvenient it would be if we didn't have cars, toilet paper, the internet, tampons, phones, ibuprofen, etc. Can I get an AMEN?! This was totally stolen from Meredith McIlrath's blog....however, she worded it so perfectly I had to jack it. =)
There is so much more, but now I need to go spend some time with my Numero Uno thing I'm grateful for.....Jay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll take that as an AMEN!!! =D Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment