9.22.2008

Going back to school...

I have been contemplating a lot of things lately. First and foremost is that I actually miss being in school. I've thought about it a lot, and I have decided that I am going to go back to nursing school. I'm going to be applying soon for them and hopefully I will get into one in Michigan. I want to move back so badly, but Jay will need to stay in Utah until he can finish his degree. He only has a couple more semesters, so it shouldn't be too bad. We've both talked about it and we know that our relationship is strong enough to do the dreaded long distance relationship for awhile. Fortunately for me, since I already have a bachelor's degree, the nursing transition shouldn't be too bad. The only class I have to retake is pharmacology, which wasn't bad at all. I'm hoping I won't have to wait more than two semesters to get into a program, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's just one of those things that I will regret if I never finish. Why I stopped in the first place is beyond me. I was good at what I did. I was the one in the office that others would come to when they couldn't get a blood draw from a patient. So...that's the plan for now. I wish I could update this thing more, but my life is pretty mundane, so I don't want to torture everyone with it. I really do miss home though. I am missing so many things! Friends are getting married, having babies etc...etc....and I feel horrible for missing all of the festivities. I said that I would start listing one thing that I was grateful for everytime I posted...so...this week...I'm way thankful for my grandma. She's always been there for me and she is simply amazing! I couldn't ask for a better me maw. I really do miss her, and I am looking forward to doing all the fun things we used to do when I was in Kalamazoo. I know it seems silly, but me maw is one of my best friends. She's always there to talk to and she really understands...and she would do absolutely anything for anyone in the world. I love her!!!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

where are you going to apply to?

Jen said...

Probably LCC....they have an accelerated program....or maybe KCC or KVCC.....I guess I don't really know.

Laura Waltz said...

Oh yes, come back to MI and come visit me! I vote for LCC b/c it's closer to me, but then again that's being selfish! LOL. Oh, and could I also bribe you with some Big John Steak and Onion? Yummy!

 
Designed by Lena